February 23, 2007

Now with sound

In an effort to make this thing more enjoyable (or rather, less painful), I've now added a soundtrack (look right). I'll upload a new song from time to time, or when someone emails to tell me how much they hate the current one. For the daring, suggestions are welcome. It's going to be a rad addition - trust me. I won't write about the choices, though I feel the need to introduce the first tune up. It's probably one of the more famous French pop songs ever, by Jacques Brel, and rightfully so. Even if you don't understand a word, it's powerful stuff. Briefly, it's about sailors in the port of Amsterdam and the seedy underbelly of all that goes down in that lifestyle. Scott Walker and David Bowie each did a cover en anglais, if you're curious to seek those out.

4 comments:

  1. You are so on top of new technologies. I haven't turned on my speakers yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. pure verbiage is like the gods. It doesn't answer prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous20:11

    Um...you do know we are in AMERICA...that song is obviously some type of coded message...is it arabic? russian? Probably Canuckdian. I am on to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's right - only a true American patriot would condemn a non-English song under the name "anonymous." Very brave, mystery (wo)man.

    ReplyDelete