September 14, 2008

My Various Man Crushes

It is quite possible this post (which should be the first in a series, pending any sort of drastic reaction) will call into question the true nature of my sexuality, but I am unperturbed by that notion.  As an admirer of awesome people, I make no distinction between those for whom decorum mandates the usage of a brassiere and those for whom wearing one makes for good comedy.  My lady friend tends to shake her head at me whenever I fawn on one of the latter, but such is their sway over me, that I can't help but pour on the praise.  Let's look at a few fine examples:

Matt Damon:

Great actor, intelligent guy, poses with smiling African children, outspoken, from Boston.  I hear Jesus is a little worried about a possible usurping, and was a bit upset with the suspenseful ending to the Bourne Ultimatum that toyed with his emotions.  Also, no one dislikes Good Will Hunting - that fact is up for consideration as an official addendum to the "death and taxes" list of life's certainties.
Tom Brady:
Bridget Moynahan and Tom Brady confirmed their split in December.
As arguably the most irrational fan of Drew Bledsoe's, I found it difficult to fully embrace Tom when he first took over for the Patriots.  I felt a little redemption when Drew came in to beat the Steelers and take the Pats to the Super Bowl back in 2001, but didn't fully embrace Tom until 2003, when they were on their way to another championship.  Haven't looked back since.  Classy guy, remains modest despite all odds, unequivocally the best leader I've seen in all of sports, and also appeared in one of the greatest unheralded comedies of our time, which, incidentally, starred the previous guy mentioned in this post.

More great examples will follow.  Stop shaking your head at me, L.

No comments:

Post a Comment