February 13, 2007

Women I would like to date at some point (Part two)

If you enjoyed the stereotypes from part one...

The legitimately talented actress/musician

This would be fun for many reasons. First, I would get to go to plays or shows for free, sit/stand in the crowd and watch her wow a lot of people at once. I imagine that would make anyone feel pretty proud. Also, if anyone asks, "Are you here alone?", I can give the straightfaced reply, "no, my girlfriend's here," and point. That's always fun. Second, there's always a chance she'll become famous, which might not necessarily be a great development for the relationship, but I can at least get the ego-boost that I dated someone talented before they hit the jackpot. Finally, I would be at least somewhat involved in her "creation process," (I'd hope anyway - my tastes aren't that bad) because you know she's going to need someone to bounce ideas off of for songs or roles she should take. And since I play a halfway decent guitar and am really talented at deadpan, there's got to be some way I can weasel input in. Of course, this kind of relationship is doomed if I act all starry-eyed and she kicks me to the curb for bringing absolutely nothing (exciting) to the table. It can't be one-sided, and no one likes a fawning fan-boy anyway. Fortunately, my ego is far too monstrous for this to ever happen. Actually, if she gets a fat head, I'd probably dump her. I guess I am a badass. Or too much of a narcissist for this to ever happen. Yeah, let's move on.

The Dane

After my January trip to Copenhagen (and my travel buddy J. can attest to all of this), the first thing I wanted to do was go right back. Aside from the fact that going to Scandinavia in January isn't the greatest of choices (who brought the smart guy?), it was great. Danish people (at least the ones we met) are genuinely warm people without ever being over-the-top about it (think stereotypical southern Italian with wildly flailing hands and loud sing-song voice). Additionally, they are among the most socially liberal cultures I've ever seen (though fortunately they are a bit more level-headed when it comes to economic matters), without beating you over the head with their values. So yeah, essentially the women are fair-skinned blondes with unassuming but charming personalities. And they speak better English than we do. Uh, what else do you need to know? I tried conning one of our cafe waitresses to come out with us, and even though she turned me down in the most sincere, polite way I've ever been denied, she decided to keep chatting away with me (I probably should have waited until we realized our mutual love for Whiskeytown/Ryan Adams before trying anything, but I'm overeager in Copenhagen, apparently). And no, they don't work for tips.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait for the description of the asian woman. You know you want it.

    ReplyDelete